[X4U] I knew it would happen-antiglare screens back

David Brostoff listaddr at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 13 10:52:36 PDT 2010

At 11:31 AM -0500 4/13/10, Christopher Long wrote:

>This option was made available on the previous version as well.
>I've always hated the glossy screens, so I opted for the matte
>finish and am very pleased.  It seems to be the exact same finish as
>previous MBPs and PowerBooks.  One interesting note... the matte
>finish screens also lose the black border, instead going back to the
>silver frame from previous models as well.

Just curious--when was the black border there on the previous 17"
MBPs with matte screens? (I have a MBP Core 2 Duo 17" that I got in
December 2009. It has a matte screen and a silver border.)

On the Apple site today it looks like the new 17" ones have a black
border--I didn't see any mention of a silver one.

David