[X4U] Mail asks for password

Dave Bonhoff 69abel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 08:33:24 PST 2010

You are correct Winston.

When Mail has problems connecting to the incoming mail server, it assumes that it is a password issue and prompts the user to re-enter their password. In most cases, if mail is prompting for a password on an established account,  the problem is with the mail server or sometimes the internet connection. Contacting the ISP is an option, though waiting an hour or 2 is usually enough.

Dave