[X4U] Keyboard Shortcut to zip a file

LaL lazilicata at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 12:03:18 PDT 2010

I am running 10.5.8 (just upgraded from 10.4.11) and had a keyboard
shortcut in 10.4.11 that allowed me to zip a file by clicking once on
the file and using my shortcut "option-command-z"

I cannot use the same technique in 10.5 because apple changed the menu
command for compressing the file.

I did find the app that does this zipping "archive utility" but still
cannot figure out how to make a keyboard shortcut.

(I have figured out that if I put that application into the dock and
drop the file onto the app's icon, viola, the file is zipped....)

So, any one have a hint?

Thanks
lee