[X4U] Question on copying a drive

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Tue Jun 22 16:32:11 PDT 2010

SD or CCC or Disk Utility will all work . . .although I would probably not use Disk Utility since it takes longer.

Don't do anything else with your computer while the clone is in progress . . .although it probably won't hurt anything I've always let the clone happen on it's own. The first time with either CCC or SD will take a couple of hours but subsequent clone updates will be quicker.

CCC is free (donation requested) . . . SD is shareware but is fully functional for cloning without buying it . . .you just don't get the scheduling features.

On Jun 22, 2010, at 7:01 PM, T.L. Miller wrote:

> On 6/22/10, at 3:57 PM, Fabian Fang ftf at mac.com said:
>
>> Why not use the freeware Carbon Copy Cloner, which will take much less
>> time than two days to clone your boot drive?

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress, cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to their relationship is Jello.

neil