[X4U] Backup Software

Technophobic_Tom at comcast.net Technophobic_Tom at comcast.net
Wed Jun 30 05:39:41 PDT 2010

On 6/28/10, Jim Warthman wrote:

>I'm a long-time Retrospect user. ...what...backup
>applications...support incremental backups, with the ability to
>maintain multiple versions of files that have changed - like Time
>Machine?
>
>Or, failing that, can Time Machine be configured to have one backup
>destination for the boot drive, and a different destination for
>these other drives?

EMC picked up Dantz's Retrospect and has brought it up to speed with
version 8.2. for ~$95. I use Carbon Copy Cloner,
shareware/donationware. It will do what you want for $10-15. I
presume, but haven't checked, that SuperDuper will do the job also.

With Time Machine or any good backup program, you can backup any part
of any volume to any other disk volume.
--
T.T.