[X4U] Wireless router for set-top box

Conlon Brett brettnlis at bigpond.com
Fri Mar 19 15:09:40 PDT 2010

Hey Jim,

I bought a Topfield Masterpiece HD TRF-2400. You can either connect an
external hard drive via USB and copy files to/from it using the built-
in navigator or you can use the LAN port and connect your computer
directly to it or connect a wireless router to it.

When I bought it I actually thought it had a wireless router inside it
but had the derrrrr moment when I got it home (realised it just has
the LAN port). Hence why I'm looking for a wireless router.

Will any cheap thing work (as long as it has sufficient strength)? It
doesn't have to be Mac compatible for setup - I can boot into WinXP on
Bootcamp for that - but our Macs have to be able to connect to it.

Ta,

Brett