[X4U] After all these years..

Paul Moortgat paul.moortgat at pandora.be
Tue May 18 15:49:22 PDT 2010

People still surprise me.  I started in 1985 when I bought my first
Mac Plus.  That's now 25 years.  I know some things, but not all.
Last week I convinced a lady to upgrade from a first iMac to a Mac
Mini.  Then she could run all the songs and video she got from PC
people.  She still has 10.2.8.
She told me she had all the cables needed to connect 2 Macs to move
the soft from the first to the second.  She had no FW cable.  She
bought the new mac on an impulse while I was there.
I left it then for it and told her if she needed to mail again, she
could go to the iMac and do what she needed to do.  She used her old
keyboard and mouse on the new Mac.
Today she called me that she moved the ethernet cable back again to do
some mailing but that the cursor didn't move.  I asked her if she had
moved the keyboard back also.
She didn't.  Probably she assumed that moving the ethernet cable was
enough.  She writes down what I tell her in case something happens
what to do, but then she forget where she placed it.

Someone else refuse to read books or see video lessons about
something.  He asks me to explain it 10 (yes 10) times and then he
will understand.  I don't do that.  Even after he offered me money.

Paul Moortgat