[X4U] Apple in IT

Frank Pearsall narrowtrak at mac.com
Sun Dec 4 02:42:56 PST 2011

In the county I work in, I use a Gateway PC. Of course it drives me nuts having to work with it every day…

I, of course over the years have let the IT folks know my opinion of having to work with a PC. Eventually, the head IT guy said to me one day: "If you want to bring in a MAC and use that, go ahead. Of course, you won't get any support from us." I told him I wouldn't need any support.

I haven't taken them up on the offer yet.

Frank A. Pearsall
Brevard, N.C.

On Dec 4, 2011, at 3:43 AM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

On Dec 2, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> <http://www.macworld.com/article/163995/2011/12/survey_apple_rises_in_workplace_despite_it_skepticism.html#lsrc.rss_main>

The Macintosh will never make huge inroads into big businesses as long as those businesses purchase their personal computers by sending out requests for bids and they purchase the lowest bid POS white boxes.  Apple refuses to compete at that end of the market.

In addition, IT will always champion going with Windows PC's because it is what they know, and going with vastly more reliable Macs would cost IT jobs.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html