[X4U] Connection issue

Winston MacKelvie winstonworks at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 29 13:08:46 PST 2011

Hi all, and MCM and HNY.

Thought this might be of help to someone somewhere sometime:

I have:
iMac, PBPro, iPhone, iPad.

Situation:
iMac always connects to internet via PPPoE. Each other device also connects elsewhere but not at home through the iMac, even though files can be exchanged and "Your internet connection appears to be ok" message is returned from Diagnostics. All too crazy!

Fix:
So, I tried adding an Ethernet to my network list (why? not sure!), then set Sharing from Ethernet to Wi-Fi and adjusted the listing order.

Result:
Now every thing connects through the iMac. Yooo. Happy camper.