[X4U] Connection issue

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Fri Dec 30 13:08:53 PST 2011

On 2011 Dec 29, at 15:34, Winston MacKelvie wrote:

> I wish I understood that description of how it's done. I tried every thing and could not connect to the Internet with PPPoE Then with the change I described  it all worked Go figure

What you've done definitely works, but it's old-fashioned and more trouble-prone than the "modern" method.

To determine if the "modern" method (PPPoE in the modem) is possible for you, and find out how to do it, ask your internet service provider (ISP).  If you have a very old modem, it may not be possible.