[X4U] Disk Erase failed

Wes James comptekki at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 13:18:37 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:29 PM, alexandre <list at kapellos.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> i have a lacie little disk that i use as a backup when i'm on the road. when i came back from my last photography trip, i was unable to copy any images from it. this wasn't a problem since it was only a back-up.
>
> but when i tried to format it with disk utility, i got an error:

<snip>

Try this:

open up diskutility

select your disk (not partition under disk but the main disk selection
at top level)

select Partiton in the tabs at the right

under Volume scheme select 1 Partition in the drop down and name it
what you want at the right

selection options and GUID Partition Table, click OK

click Apply

If that doesn't work (since you 've tried in other OS's also), your
disk might have died.

-wes