[X4U] Any low to mid range Firewire Camcorders?

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Fri May 13 14:38:58 PDT 2011

I've been given a task of live streaming a sports game via a high speed wireless Internet from my ISP, using my MacBook Pro, and ustream.tv. I've been told that I need a firewire capable video camera to do this, because USB isn't fast enough, but so far my Google searches, I am having trouble finding current mid-range or so video cameras that use a firewire connection. It looks like on has to go back a few years to find Firewire cameras more common. Probably my best speed up on the broadband connection is 2Mbps.

I also want to use my local radio station as the audio part of the stream since they are providing live coverage of the event. This project is on their behalf.

Joe