[X4U] I want my old Leopard scroll bars back!

John McClernan mcclernan1 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 4 12:30:37 PDT 2012

Actually, that's a General Preference setting......

"Click in the scroll bar to:
jump to the next page  [or]  jump to the spot that's clicked"

Cheers,
John

On Aug 4, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Crandon David wrote:

True. But there are times when it isn't as efficient.

For instance, if I'm trying to scroll way way way down a long list of pages, it takes a while to use two fingers.

Or, sometimes when reading text or looking through a list of items/lines it's more efficient to click in the scrollbar area because then you get an exact one page movement. It's actually amazing how many people don't realize that. At work, I see people trying to scroll through long list on a desktop computer without a trackball. They try to pull the scrollbar tab thing gingerly along as they scan down the page.

Then, I show them that all they have to do is click in the scrollbar slot itself, and it will jump one page at a time and they won't miss anything. They are always amazed.....