[X4U] Very slow network on 2010 Mac Pro

Allan Rube arube570 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 06:01:43 PST 2012

I have a FiOS connection and good speeds on my Macbook Pro and iPad.
However, my 2010 Mac Pro connects like a dog. I just connected to my
yahoo page which gives typical results. On my Macbook Pro it took 3-4
seconds. On my Mac Pro it took 58 seconds for the initial page content
to arrive on my screen and 1:40 for the page to be fully loaded. This is
typical. It doesn't matter if I connect through ethernet or wireless -
same results. It doesn't matter which browser I use.

I ran speedtest and the results were actually better on the Mac Pro - I
have no ide why

Mac Pro ping 16 ms  DL 30.73 mbps   UL 14.28 mbps
Macbook Pro 17 ms  DL 20.58 mbps   UL 14.22 mbps

2010 Mac Pro, 3.33. ghz 6 core with 32 gb of ram running 10.8.2

Any suggestions.

--
Allan Rube'
Nashua, NH