[X4U] default opening problem

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Fri Aug 2 12:23:14 PDT 2013

On 8/2/13, Allan Rube <arube570 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know how to change default apps on a Mac. Select a jpg. Get info. A
> box pops up which includes "open with."  I change to PS CC, select
> change all, and now all jpgs will open in PS CC instead of PS CS6.
>
> But this doesn't work for CC. It has always worked before, no mater what
> type of file I changed.
>
> My jpgs still open in CS6.
>
> Is there a new procedure for getting jpgs to open in CC when I double
> click on them? Is this a Mac problem (10.8.4)? or PS CC?
>
> Is there another method I could try?

Repeat the Get Info thing with a jpg file, including Change All; then, run this
one-liner in the Terminal app, restart, and see if the problem persists:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister
-kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user