[XDreams] Re: Projectors using Windows

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Nov 15 19:38:43 PST 2006

> On 06-Nov-9, at 4:41 AM, Lela Tong wrote:
>
>> I wanted to double check with Circuit City and Office Depot --
>> where sales reps told me that their projectors work with Windows
>> only.

I generally have fewer problems than Windows people do.

This summer, I was staff at a natural building school. We had evening
programs that required video presentations. *At least half the time,*
the frustrated user of a Windows laptop would burn their presentation
to a CD, and I would show it (using Keynote, which reads SourPoint
files flawlessly) on the projector.

As you've noted, you do need an adaptor. But you don't need to buy it
-- my PowerBook G4 17" came with an VGA adaptor, which is all I've
ever had to use.

:::: At best, it [conservation] means we will run out of energy a
little more slowly. -- Ronald Reagan ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::