[BTM] addressbook+d-link+nokia

Jim MacCormaic thelook at indigo.ie
Thu Dec 26 20:56:21 PST 2002

On Wednesday, November 13, 2002, at 11:51  am, Floh wrote:

> When you open the Address book there is a Bluetooth logo in the upper
> left corner (at least it should be there when you have a bluetooth
> adapter attached to your system). You have to click it to enable
> bluetooth for your address book.
> Now when you click on a label next to a phone number (like private)
> you will have 3 options, including send SMS.

I know this original was a long time ago, but I've been lurking on the
list while waiting to join the Bluetooth ranks. This has now happened
thanks to Santa and I've been doing some testing.

I'm on OS X 10.2.3 and am using a Nokia 6310i. I wasn't aware of
Address Book's BT ability until I spotted Floh's posting. I did a test
SMS to my Nokia number from Address Book, which (virtually instantly)
caused the Nokia to sound its incoming message alert and brought up an
Incoming SMS Message window on my iMac. However, the Nokia did not show
the normal message icon, and the only way to use it to view the message
was through the Inbox option on the Messages menu. Is this normal? It
seems to me that the absence of the usual message icon on the receiving
phone would be confusing.

I then tried sending an SMS to an Address Book contact. There was no
indication that the Nokia was actually performing a send, and nothing
showed up in the Nokia's Message Outbox. Again, is this normal?

Jim MacCormaic
Dublin, Ireland
iChat/AIM	 : curlytool at mac.com