Nokia 3650 and Bluetooth Headsets

Bruce Gerson bruce_gerson at mac.com
Sat Apr 12 18:23:41 PDT 2003

Anyone have a Nokia 3650 and successfully paired AND USED a Bluetooth
headset?  I've tried the Jabra FreeSpeak for Bluetooth Phones,
Plantronics M1000 and Motorola Bluetooth Handset but other than once
being able to record a VoiceTag on the Jabra, I cannot hear or speak
using any of the headsets.  They all pair up in the Bluetooth control
panel but the audio doesn't link.  Nokia says that although they
support the Bluetooth 1.1 spec and the headset profile, they don't
SUPPORT any other Bluetooth headset but their own (which isn't
currently available).

I'll call the manufacturers on Monday but this is VERY frustrating.
This is beginning to feel like my Palm Tungsten experience.  Maybe I'm
Bluetooth-cursed!

Bruce