[BTM] blue tooth and power book G4

Christopher Pavicich pavicich at mac.com
Sun Apr 13 06:27:52 PDT 2003

Dirk:

If you are running 10.2.4 or higher:

GPRS Phone Setup:
1. Under the Bluetooth toolbar menu, select: "Setup Bluetooth Device"

2. From the first menu you are presented, select Mobile Phone
2a. Make sure that your phone is discoverable...

3. Enter passkey on G4 / phone to pair.

4a. Tick  iSync (if applicable)
4b. Tick AddressBook (if applicable)
4c. Tick "Access Internet" and "Use dial-up connection"

5. Fill in the user, password, GPRS CID string, and modem script.
5a. If you can't find the modem script for your phone (which you didn't
specify) go to:
http://www.taniwha.org.uk/ and see if Ross has a script for you. If you
find one from Ross, you will  have to
cancel this process, install the scripts and start again.

Setting up the Network Preferences:

1. Open System Preferences
2. Open Network. Select the "TCP/IP" tab.
3. Under the "Show" menu, there should be an entry for "USB Bluetooth
Modem Adaptor", select it.
4. Under "Configure" select Using PPP. Leave everything else blank.
5. Select the Bluetooth Modem tab.
6. Tick "Enable Error correction and compression"
7. Tick "Wait for dial-tone before dialing"
8. Select "Sound On:
9. Tick "Show Bluetooth in status bar"
10. Tick "Show Modem in status bar"
11. Close System Preferences

Using the connection:

1. On the status bar:
	USB Modem Adaptor should be ticked, as should: Show Time Connected.
and Show status while connecting
	If the last two are not ticked, its not a big deal.

2. Select "Connect" from the Modem status bar menu.
3. If everything goes right:
	The "Internet Connect" app will start and prompt you for a password.
Enter it, hit "return", and everything should
	be up and running.

I have NOT covered much of this in very much depth. Sorry if I have
omitted something important.
Good luck.

--CMP