[BTM] Recommendations for a Bluetooth PCMCIA

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Wed Jan 8 11:23:06 PST 2003

Olly Wright wrote the following:

> The external USB adaptor that Apple promote is not very durable
> and I need something that will put up with a lot of travel and use. Any tips
> would be appreciated.

Not the cheapest solution but you could trade up to a new pb with built in
BT if you travel a lot and want maximum future compatibility with the OS...

> Another (strange) question: has anyone managed to get a bluetooth headset to
> work as a microphone with your computer? ie voice over IP using a bluetooth
> headset and a bluetooth adaptor.

I tried headset (Motorola) and iBook (10.2.3) with the same results as
Martin...no go. I am, however, able to use the headset to phone (without
touching the phone) when I dial using Address Book over BT, so the three
don't seem to be conflicting with each other at least. Of course the headset
is only paired with the phone. It would be a nice feature to have integrated
in the future!

Cheers,

Richard