[BTM] Cheesy fix for non-syncing Tungsten/T's!

Filipe M. macfilipe at netcabo.pt
Mon Jan 13 15:55:37 PST 2003

On Segunda, Jan 13, 2003, at 22:13 Europe/Lisbon, Stephen Jonke wrote:

> Determined to find a solution to this irritating non-syncing problem I
> found a not particularly great, but none-the-less functional fix that
> allows me to sync my tungsten via bluetooth. There is a root-owned
> background process called "blued". Kill it. If you kill it, you can
> sync. However, try to sync again and it will once again fail. So kill
> blued before every sync. So far this is working. This is made
> immensely easier to do with a utility such as "Process Wizard" - with
> it you can list background processes and then control click on one and
> select "Kill". I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to create an
> applescript that would kill the blued process for you and have it
> readily available in the menubar or dock or wherever, but I haven't
> pursued that yet. I'd be curious to hear if this "fixes" the problem
> for anyone other Tungsten/T owners.

Guys, I'm sort of out of this question because I don't own a Tungsten
T, but this "blued" thing caught my eye... is there any possibility
this blued process has something to do with the TrueBlue environment?
If I'm not mistaken, TrueBlue was (formerly?...) related to the Classic
environment...

Just a tought...

Best,

Filipe