[BTM] Sending voice memo

Jason Davies jason at ophiochos.org.uk
Tue Jun 3 08:37:07 PDT 2003

> Nobody forget to mention anything.  You're not new to computers or
> PDAs.  You KNOW that you can't copy a file from one source to another
> when the second source doesn't have the space.

I didn’t know (until this) that

    that sending via BT required spooling a copy of the file to
somewhere else on the Palm (I wonder if this applies to files already in
RAM? I could use trial and error; or Palm could just tell me and
millions of others)
    that Voice memo didn’t access the card despite the recommendation
    it couldn’t use the expansion card for ‘scratch space’

It is still true that Palm’s documentation is poor on this. You point
out that I am quite savvy but how many Palm users would know how to do
it? I happen to have an OS 9 boot machine but I work mainly on a PB 12”.
New machine (no OS 9), no Sync buddy (which costs money), no solution
without erasing rather a lot of files on the Palm. In other words, bad
advice, since it lacked a caveat!

We can take this elsewhere...:-)
--
“I spy, with my little eye, something beginning with W, M and D”
“Where? In the UK? The US? France? Germany? Israel? Which ones?”