[BTM] Laughing at their misery[ WAAAAAY OT]

LaGrua Jeffrey A NORC LaGruaJA at corona.navy.mil
Tue Jun 10 07:44:56 PDT 2003

> I know a few Paras, Royal Marines and SAS that would dispute that.

Nice bait. Not biting.  Because I do too. As well as some QRDs and Aussie
Marines (crazy MoFo's to a man). :-) And don't even get me started on ROK
Marines. Besides it was a "quote" from someone else, not an opine... :-)

> Although judging by their reckless fire control (hah) they all
> could do with refresher courses.

Well as soon as the Brits come up with a 100% sure-fire cure for friendly
fire, be sure to let me know. When I was there, I seem to recall them taking
out a few of their own, in Gulf War V1.0. The only certainty in war is
death, especially death by friendly fire. It has been so since man started
killing man. It will be till it stops. All we can do is reduce it as best we
can. And if you want to start comparing numbers, look at *ALL* the casualty
rates for *both* PGW v1.0 (The Persian Gulf Distraction) & v2.0 (Saddam's
Corn-holing) and then compare it to just the Battle of Iwo Jima *ALONE* in
WWII. Then we can talk numbers.

> Anyway, when are the Bluetooth claymores coming out?

(as an attempt to try and get this thread back on topic)
Right after the press is issued BT Phones that can trigger their proximity
sensors. :-) (Nosey, blabber-mouthed journalists who destroy OPSEC + BT land
mines) = A good start. Not all journalists mind you, just the ones who can't
stop running their sucks in front of a camera and subsequently compromise my
Marines' safety. Like that turd Geraldo Rivera. The man should be beaten.
>:-\

At any rate this thread has strayed far enough from the original point, and
wasn't meant to use even *this* much bandwidth. Let's kill it already.

-
Regards,
Jeff La Grua
-
"Among the Marines who fought on Iwo Jima, uncommon valor was a common
virtue."
(Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, USN, 16 March 1945.)