[BTM] Problems enabling bluetooth

Stephen Jonke sjj_public at mac.com
Thu Jun 12 08:05:44 PDT 2003

I find that I can usually just unplug the usb bluetooth adapter (I have
the D-Link one you likely also got) and plug it back in. Also if you
have the bluetooth adapter plugged in when you start up your Mac it
won't work - you can fix this, though, by unplugging the adapter and
plugging it back in. I believe this is the case for logging in too - if
you log in with it already plugged in, get in the habit of unplugging
the module and plugging it back in. Lastly, if your computer goes to
sleep with it plugged in, it probably won't function when you wake the
computer up so do the same fix again.

I tend to blame the problems on bluetooth and not Apple. I have
intermittent problems going from my TungstenT to my T68i phone as well
and the solution there is even more esoteric/confusing - so it's not
just Apple's implementation. Basically, bluetooth seems to be a hack
job and not a particular good one at that, but when it works it is
pretty cool. Love-Hate, you know....

Steve