[BTM] OT T68i Keyboard faults

Martim Weinstein emdub at mac.com
Thu Mar 13 01:43:16 PST 2003

The first time my T68 went to fix the excuse was EXACTLY the same:
fault not covered under warranty due to water problem. My thought? Bull.

I have a friend who knows somebody at Ericsson tech department (or the
company who does it for them) to whom my phone was given to see if he
could "do anything to it". He fixed it. Apparently the phone has to be
taken apart almost to the barest elements, it's put inside some special
liquid that cleans the circuitry, it's cleaned and then is put back
together. It had 4 non-working keys (although they clicked) and when I
got the phone back they worked flawlessly. It's been a month since then
and 2 of the same keys are starting to need stronger presses in order
to work.

I honestly think that this is a very fragile phone especially keyboard
wise, and Ericsson rather than admitting it, calls it a water problem
because it's their only escape from probably doing a very time
consuming fix under warranty. If the T68 goes haywire again I'm going
back to my trustworthy T39 and wait for the T610... if the P800 is too
bulky. I haven't held one yet.

-mw

If someone has a mid-life crisis while playing hide & seek, does he
automatically lose because he can't find himself?