Sony Bluetooth Cam and Mac

Nick Hine nhine at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Mar 20 09:48:32 PST 2003

Hi all,

    Did we have this discussion already?

    I have the Sony DSC-FX77 camera which has built in Bluetooth. It is a
really fine little cam and it has stunning low light capabilities.

    Having said all that ... The image transfer protocol that it uses within
the bluetooth profile set is the Basic Imaging Profile (BIP). This isnt
built into the profile set of OSX (or windows XP for that matter) so unless
I own a Sony VAIO (which isn't a mac!) I cant seem to be able to use this.

    Anyone else had experience of trying to use BIP on a Mac, and anyone
know of any drivers or software that add the capability to the mac?

    Cheers

        Nick