[BTM] T68i, Jabra, & Mac OS X Address Book...

Jonas Salling jonassalling at mac.com
Fri Mar 28 02:42:50 PST 2003

I can add to the discussion of using several applications with
Bluetooth phones that RFCOMM-based communication is limited to the
number of services available on the phone.

For instance, the T68 series of phones expose three serial port
services (Serial 1, Serial 2, and Dial-up Networking). These work a lot
like wired serial ports. What this means is that devices/applications
need to be configured to not clash (use the same service) with each
other.

I think this is true for all bluetooth phones.

- jonas

PS. Sony Ericsson Clicker's proximity functionality will work with the
P800, albeit with some configuration in the currently available version.