Bluetooth Serial Utility in Jaguar 10.2.4

KOZAK Imre Oliver ki023 at hszk.bme.hu
Mon Mar 3 11:15:57 PST 2003

There is a new utility in Jaguar 10.2.4 update in the
Applications/Utilities folder, called Bluetooth Serial Utility.

It can be used to set up Bluetooth services for paiered devices
similarly to Windows Bluetooth drivers. For exaple you can define a
Serial port for the T68, an OBEX Object Push port for the Tungsten
synchronization and such.

Usually on the PC, you install the Bluetooth drivers of the USB
Bluetooth adapter, pair it with the phone, and when the Bluetooth
connection between the PC and the phone is alive, the available
services of the phone are listed. Usually you connect to the phones
Serial port service, then it becomes a virtual serial port for other
applicaitons, like Com3. Then you have to initiate a dial-up connection
on this new Com3 port to connect to your ISP.

With the same idea in the Bluetooth Serial Utility in OS X, I have
created an entry named T68-BT-serial with the T68 serial port, checked
in to be shown in Network preferences. In Network Preferences I set up
the connection for this T68-BT-serial, and could use it with success to
make a dial-up connection.

Imi