[BTM] tungsten sync problem

peter ashworth aaaashy at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed May 28 02:29:20 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 11:26 PM, Jason Davies wrote:

> I can’t work out which conduit it is: trial and erros seems to indicate
> any of Filemaker, Documents to Corrupt, sorry Go, Radio times...but it
> is *not* one of those in particular. It just seems to be anything
> non-Palm conduits.
>
> Palm offered that I should stick to the basic conduits. Very helpful.
> The other companies all point out, reasonably, that if it is not
> definitely their program, they’re not terribly interested in helping.

you should have been around when it was palm desktop 2.6.3 and palm was
using avantgo as it's conduuit

then they upgraded to desktop 4, suddenly no third-party conduits
seemed to work properly

and 1 and half years later, it's still no-go

it's one of the things that drives me nuts about palm, they use these
third-party companies to offer services on the palm, then there is an
update, and suddenly both palm and the third party are blaming each
other - and absolutely nothing happens EVER

i have found that palm is one of those co's always promoting the next
piece of equipment, whilst ignoring their past users

SOMETHING THAT WILL HAUNT PALM IN THE NEAR FUTURE METHINKS

so consider yourself lucky that SOME of your third-party apps actually
still work

peter (a palm user, who now hardly trusts the pda to do anything except
partially corrupt his address database, with it's bad interaction w
iSync - referring here to the inability of the pda to sync with HOME
addresses sincethe last update, which has corrupted over 2000 addresses)

THANK YOU PALM, YOU TOO DESERVE TO GO DOWN LIKE PSION - now only
supplying software i believe (and supported by me for 15 years!!!!!)

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr