[BTM] tungsten sync problem

Michael McPherson mcph at mac.com
Thu May 29 20:06:26 PDT 2003

I had this problem when I first started synching my palm over
bluetooth.  it turned out that
every time I synced it reinstalled everything.  I realized this because
it kept copying duplicates of
ALL my mail to versamail.  With the help of palm technical support I
was able to fix the problem.

This may not be what is going on with you,  but just in case I thought
I'd forward it along.

This is a copy of the email that palm support sent me which fixed the
problem.

-----------------
Michael, the issue you are experiencing could have been caused as all
the applications are being reinstalled during the HotSync(R) operation
from the Backup folder.  In order to resolve it, please perform the
steps mentioned below to rename the backup folder of the Palm(TM)
Desktop on your Macintosh(R) computer:

1. Click the Macintosh HD.

2. Locate the Palm folder which is generally located under the
Applications folder.

3. Click the User folder and select your User name by clicking it.

4. Click the Backups folder to highlight it.

5. Click on Backups and rename it to 'Copy of Backups'.

After performing these steps,  syncs over bluetooth became quite zippy.

M.