Wireless Keyboard/Mouse?

Mike D. md03 at xochi.com
Sun Nov 9 16:18:45 PST 2003

A friend was cleaning house and gave me his old Microsoft Wireless
Optical Mouse (Blue).  I plugged in the USB dongle and it worked
great without installing any software, on my Powerbook Pismo Mac OS X
10.2.8.

Having caught the fever, and wanting a wireless keyboard as well, I
went out and bought a brand new Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop
Elite (contains a wireless keyboard and mouse in one box).

The keyboard worked straight off, although there were two problems:
none of the special function keys worked, and the Option and Command
keys are reversed.

The mouse won't work no matter what I do.

Now, granted, I've not installed the drivers, but I shouldn't have to
install the drivers to get basic mouse functionality, should I?   So
I'm going to take it back to compusa.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good wireless keyboard for
a mac?  I would be willing to use bluetooth if that's what it takes.