[BTM] OS X and Bluetooth - Smart Phones?

Matthew Hart mhart at hartg.com
Fri Nov 21 06:56:23 PST 2003

The T610/T616 and the Z600 (I have both) are not true smart phones.  Smart
phones are PDA and Cell phone combo, such as the Handspring Treo, the
Microsoft Smartphones and The sonyericsson P800 or P900.

Of all of these the P900 works best with the mac.

MIDI files are polyphonic ring tones, most new phones have this.  WAV or MP3
as a ring tone, is a feature in the P800/P900 or Microsoft phones.

I have been using the P900 for a few months now, it is a big improvement
over my P800.  I would highly recommend it.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/p900

Also, all of these phones use a GSM network as opposed the CDMA and TDMA,
which means you can not use Sprint (except for the Treo which had 2
versions, Sprint and GSM)

I hope this helps,

Matthew