[BTM] different dongles for BT?

Filipe M. macfilipe at netcabo.pt
Fri Sep 5 00:43:08 PDT 2003

XXL wrote:

>>BT is so useful on the laptop that I want it on the imac:-) I see lots
>>of different dongles available: are they all going to work on OS X or
>>does it need to be a particular type, explicitly compatible?
>>
>>I also note BT 1.0 'binds' two devices whereas 1.1 allows up to 8 items
>>to be paird: presumably the phones under discussion use 1.0?
>>

>Avoid the Acer Bluetooth adapter. It does not support many devices at all.
>-Joel

Ooops... I've got one of those and really don't have many problems at
all; after all it's based on the CSR chip. Could you please explain why
do you say this? Probably some of the problems I thought were
implementation-related are caused by the dongle... shed some light on
this, please!

Just for the record, I've tried (and succeed) pairing with a T39m, T610
(both currently using iSync), another Acer dongle (on an XP PC) and an
MSI Bluetooth Class1 adapter (not a dongle, it's a proprietary card with
external dipolar antenna) on another XP PC (I'm currently sharing my net
connection wireless via BT with that same adapter).

Best,

Filipe