[BTM] different dongles for BT?

Filipe M. macfilipe at netcabo.pt
Fri Sep 5 11:34:57 PDT 2003

XXL wrote:

>>Probably some of the problems I thought were
>>implementation-related are caused by the dongle... shed some light on
>>this, please!
>>

>Well, I made a fairly board statement.. Actually, it installed nicely and
>was easily paired with the Mac. But it wouldn't support ANY function of my
>Sony t610 phone, not even file transfer. I later bought a Belkin, and it
>does everything.
>
>The Acer said on the box what phones were supported.,,, mostly Nokia models,
>which apparently have a few Bluetooth irregularities, Jabra makes BT 1.1
>headsets for all phones and a special model for some Nokia phones.  SO maybe
>I got the Nokia-centric model of the Acer adapter. In any case I paid 50
>Euros for the Acer (2 adapters in the box) adapters that did nothing for me
>and 60 Euros for the Belkin that works wonderfully.
>
>OF COURSE they won't take them back!
>
>-Joel

:( That's weird, my Acer dongle (really small, black, with a blue LED)
always supported everything I threw at it, except for those small
irregularities I mentioned, like crashing the BT stack every once in a
while, and not even a blued kill will bring it back to life, only a
forced restart will do.

As for file transfer from the T610 to the Acer equipped Powerbook... in
a word, flawless. :\
It always has been the case with the T39, too...

Maybe you're right about the Nokia version, although I've never heard of
them before... mine came alone in a blue foldable case, a bit thinner
than an old double-CD case. I ordered them direct from www.gravis.de
along with 2 more friends and none of us have been having problems; one
of them uses a T39m, the other uses a Nokia 6510i (only the functions
supported by OS X).

Best,

Filipe