[BTM] different dongles for BT?

Benjamin G. Levy benlevy at rockinbeat.com
Sat Sep 20 19:47:59 PDT 2003

At 11:30 PM -0700 9/19/03, garrett wrote:
>  > WHAT about built-in BT on my 17" PowerBook?  Anybody know what class that
>>  might be?
>
>now honestly I can't remember where I read it but I'm fairly certain it's
>class 1

It is not.  The range is listed as 30 feet, making it Class 3.

>according to Apple's Spec's for the 17" they list it as built-in Bluetooth
>1.1 - which I find hysterical because 1.1 is more of a specification
>relating to the software than the hardware - but they make no reference to
>the class - surprising since it is a wireless device and most electronics
>with wireless xmitters give pretty specific info on the device...

I don't know why you find this hysterical.  Apple is indicating that
the device is Bluetooth Spec 1.1 compliant.  Nothing funny there,
just letting you know that other devices that are 1.1 should function
correctly.  This is an issue because some 1.1 devices won't function
with a 1.0 device.

Ben

--
Benjamin G. Levy
Solutions Consulting
benlevy at rockinbeat.com
iChat AV: blevy at mac.com

Apple Consultants Network Advisory Council Member
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator