[BTM] G5 and iBookG4

David G ó mez Rosado david at gomez-rosado.com
Wed Dec 29 06:48:38 PST 2004

The socket on your G5 is just for an antenna in case you have a Bluetooth
module already installed (from factory)... Otherwise is not useful for you.
Check "About this Macintosh" to make sure you don´'t have Bluetooth already.

Otherwise, (and if there is not internal module in your iBook either)... You
will have to get a USB-based Bluetooth adapter... I have a Belkin Bluetooth
USB Adapter (Model F8T003 ver.2) and works without trouble. There are other
manufacturer alternatives that work just as well.

By the way... I hope you are not planning to connect both machines through
Bluetooth... Although you could for the occasional slow file-swap, this
technology is best suited to connect to keyboards, mice and to sync with
mobiles, PDS and other low-intensity bandwidth peripherals. For connecting
two Macs: Use Wi-Fi with their internal Airport Modules (if you got them)...
Or a plain Ethernet connection (You could use a FireWire cable if you turn
any device into a slave hard drive).

Hope it helps,

David Gómez-Rosado
__________________