Traveling with a world phone

Rob Parker Rob at ParkerDigital.net
Thu Feb 19 14:32:36 PST 2004

>On 2/19/04 4:21 PM, "Rob Parker" <Rob at ParkerDigital.net> wrote:
>
>>  If you're looking for a flip design, the Z600 is off the chart. I
>>  bought one a few months ago from GSMphonesource.com and I couldn't be
>>  happier.
>
>Not only that, the hinge design is the same as the iBooks and aluminum
>PowerBooks, so it feels like part of the Mac family!
>
>Mark

Yeah, the whole phone just reeks of coolness. Now I'm wondering how I
can make best use of this phone when I travel overseas. I guess I can
just buy a prepaid SIM for the region that I'm visiting and
essentially have a local phone, no?

T-Mobile's overseas calling plan - while a bit steep when roaming
internationally - is always an emergency option, but I think I'd
prefer local access on another SIM if possible, since I'd probably be
calling local numbers for reservations and information rather than
calling back home. I'm just wondering how that would work. Anyone
else here tried that? I know that in most parts of the world they
have different rate structures for phone and internet usage that we
do. Could get confusing.

Rob Parker