[BTM] Using Sendfile to bluetooth Device is a drag.

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Mon Feb 23 04:08:39 PST 2004

I'm looking for an easier way to use it that's all.

I'm thinking that this app should support cmd dragging to the icon so
I'll try that now.

Ok that works.

I'm just sick of the using the Service->Send to bluetooth device
because even though I've selected a file in the Finder. the stupid
application still prompts me for a file via the open panel.

I want to navigate to the file via the Finder and then perform some
action. Folder action is necessary. ie. drag said file over a Folder
with a folder action attached that will launch BFE and send the file.

I simply don't want to have to remember to use BFE when I'm sending
files to the phone. I want to start with the Finder only. and either
drag and drop or command drag

Previously I have been using AppName->Services->send to bluetooth
device which basically is a BFE published service.

Panther has Folder Actions and I was seeing if they would "enhance"
this process. But you still have to rely on BFE to do the actual
transfering.

I would much rather have a device mounted as a volume or some other
kind of higher level abstraction.