BQB Certification

SUJA JAMES sujamoljames at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 03:56:08 PST 2004

Hi All,
We are developing a bluetooth stack, which contains
the upper protocol layers SDP, L2CA P, RFCOMM, HCI and
the Serial Port Profile. The base band is from a third
party vendor and is already certified. I would like to
know the following about the Bluetooth BQB
certification

1) Is there a term "Re certification" in bluetooth.
What actually needed is, suppose the stack is already
certified and we are making some modification, whether
we need re certification or not?
2) What is the period for getting the certification
after submitting the request to the BQB.
3) How much is the cost for certification. A rough
cost is ok
4) As I already said my base band is certified. Is
this bluetooth logo is valid for base band even if we
are not certifying our upper stack.
5) Is it possible to market a bluetooth product with
out the SIG certification?. Any legal issues from
Bluetooth Community?

Thanks in advance
Suja.