HBH-30 Unfixable? HBH-200 good?

Martim Weinstein emdub at mac.com
Tue Mar 23 06:57:21 PST 2004

Just got back from a SE service spot where I was told by mail and phone
I could get my HBH-30 headset fixed. But apparently, these units, as
any BT headsets from SE, are unfixable I was told on the spot by a
technician. If in warranty they are replaced with new ones, if off
warranty it's as good as trash. I'm quite pissed off. I paid around 200
EUR for it and now it's as good as trash? All it is is probably the
battery that has died... ofcourse I'm now going to take it appart and
see if I can "service" it myself.

Don't know if other brands are serviceable or not, but just thought I'd
share this experience.

I'll eventually by another BT headset and was also wondering if anybody
has experience with the HBH-200? I quite like the format ant the
ability to see who's calling on the headset itself.

-mw

To err is human but to screw up continually is embarrassing!