Z600, 10.3.4 and "Send file..." problem

Steve S. mchenry at mac.com
Sun May 30 16:59:00 PDT 2004

Hello !

I have a Z600, an iMac FP 800 and a D-Link DWB-120M usb bluetooth
dongle.

I have been using them without any problems until my update to 10.3.4.

Since then, I cannot browse my phone, neither send to it files from the
desktop. Since iSynch and AddressBook are working correctly, I suspect
a problem with the "bluetooth File exchange" (BFE) software.

The browsing of the phone fails during the connection. BFE offers then
to reconnect or to cancel the operation. Trying to reconnect crashes
BFE. Trying to send files via BFE (apple-shift-b) just connect the iMac
to the phone without transmetting the file. (the Z600 see the bluetooth
connection, connects and wait)

I tried all that also into a new user without any more luck. Repear
permissions and trashing preferences didn't help neither.

Anyone faced the same problem or has a solution to mine?

Thanks,

Steve