[BTM] Internet connection on Palm TT via BT through PowerBook using Airport questions

RP McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun Oct 10 08:17:17 PDT 2004

On 2/7/04 4:03 pm, "Stephen Jonke" <sjj_public at mac.com> wrote (in part):

> This is a common request. I can vouch that this technique works both
> with a Palm Tungsten T and a PalmOne Zire72. Note: I did not write the
> scripts and in fact the scripts were created for a Nokia cell phone,
> but I found that they work fine with Palm's too.
>
> Well, the first thing to note is that it can be a bit flakey, so expect
> to have to do some fiddling. Having said that... here's how to do it.

<snip>

> Let me know if this walk through works for you!

Hi Steve,

You posted this quite a while ago and I am just now in need of this
capability, while the walk through is well described (thanks!) and I have
done all of this as mentioned I still get errors!

Most common is in a new dialog box on the palm TT called:

Service Connection Progress

Error:Serial:timeout. Could be bad cable or faulty modem. (0x0305) with only
an okay button to confirm.

I have had other errors as well but not as often and even had to reset the
palm once as there was an emulation error requiring this!

I hope you can help me out here as I really would love to use the palm to
check emails and surf over the BT connection to my PB which is connected by
Airport to the DSL router and finally internet. I have been using the script
called share airport to BT, have created a new firewall allow port as
described and can see the BT symbol in the menu bar with the three dotted
lines indicating a connection to the Palm but when I try to connect in the
prefs panel network item the above errors are all I get?

Any thoughts? I have not modified the scripts that were downloaded and there
may be newer versions of them now than what you were using?

All help appreciated.

PB17, 1.33, 10.3.5
Palm TT

Cheers,