[BTM] re: Nokia 7610

Simon G. Trask simon at simbiosis.com
Mon Oct 11 11:00:06 PDT 2004

At 6:18 PM +0100 11/10/04, Simon G. Trask wrote:
>As for syncing calendars and contacts, is that reliant on Apple's
>iSync supporting the phone? If so, the 7610 isn't supported,
>according to Apple's iSync Device Compatibility page.

To follow up on my own query, the following page has an incredibly
convoluted sort-of solution:

http://www.mobilewhack.com/handset/nokia/series60/nokia7610_and_smartvcard.html

Something I forgot to mention that's PC-only about the 7610 is the
LifeBlog software (http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,54630,00.html).
Unless someone writes a Mac equivalent, of course. Perhaps Apple
could expand iPhoto to implement the same functionality. With mobile
phones becoming increasingly sophisticated in their media handling
capabilities, Apple really needs to attend to computer/mobile
integration if its notion of 'computer as digital media hub' is to
ring true, so to speak.

Simon