[BTM] Browse video on K700 fails

bT bigtoot at mac.com
Tue Oct 12 05:57:55 PDT 2004

On Oct 12, 2004, at 00:54, Gijs Thio wrote:

> Mine is a DLink DBT-120 dongle coming from apple. I wasn't aware that
> there could be a problem here.

There are various revisions of the D-Link dongles - the first one Apple
shipped (the one I have) is now unsupported and cannot be updated with
Apple's firmware updater.  You must have revision B2 or later for this
to work - I think the update adds support for BT 1.2 with some kind of
auto-frequency-shifting which makes BT and Airport networks coexist
better.

You can check if the D-Link dongle you have is update-able by running
the updater (which also updates internal BT chips in Macs) :
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/
bluetoothfirmwareupdater.html