[BTM] bluetooth headsets

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Fri Jul 15 09:46:26 PDT 2005

Hi! I have been using a "Logitech Mobile Bluetooth Headset" on my Mac
PB G4 for a while now, first with various 10.3.X versions of Mac OS
X, now with 10.4.2, mainly with SKYPE

All of the sudden, the headset started to behave very strangely. It
does no longer appear in the SKYPE "preferences>audio" pane, nor it
does in the "system preferences>sound" pane. When I switch it on, it
connects with the mac (as seen on the "system
preferences>bluetooth>devices" pane), but: i) it disconnects ~1 min
after, and ii) even while it stays connected it does not show in the
audio/sound panes, as descrobed above.

Do you think it is hardware failure, or may it be that the bluetooth
configuration on the mac has gone bananas?

many thanks for your advice!
SB

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)