[BTM] Thinking about a BT headset.

Dr. Edward Covelli ecovelli at covellichiro.com
Wed Nov 9 05:56:35 PST 2005

Word on the street has it that Robert Nicholson, from robert at elastica.com,
sent the following in an email dated 11/6/05 12:24 PM:

> So, I see a lot of folks now choose to use Motorola Headsets ... Are
> these supported by ichat?
>
> What is the spec necessary to work with iChat?
>
> Anybody using the BT500 Jabra headset and does this work in iChat and
> can you charge this via USB cable safely without blowing up the
> powerbook?

I had a Belkin BT headset and it was OK. I now have a Plantronics 510S and
it is far superior to the Belkin. It has great noise cancellation and the
ability to pair to two devices. I've used it with my Treo 650, my PowerBook
and the base station for home phone use. It is very comfortably, great sound
and good battery life. I don't have any interest in the company, just a
satisfied user.

It comes in different packages:
510: headset by itself.
510S: Headset with the base station for a corded phone.
510SL: above plus the auto lifter.
510SLPlus: above plus chargers and carry cases.

To Your Good Health,
     Dr. Ed
Dr. Edward M. Covelli, Jr.                   Chiropractor
880 S. Lake Blvd.               ecovelli at covellichiro.com
Mahopac, NY 10541                    www.covellichiro.com
914-536-7220                     www.healthyworkshops.com
   "Helping people regain and maintain their health!"