[BTM] Phone replacement

Christian Dupuis d1user at mac.com
Thu Sep 29 03:52:04 PDT 2005

My Sony Ericsson T616 is showing serious signs of wear and tear, and
I've had it for two years so I can probably change models without
paying an arm and a leg to my cell service provider. It's been great,
working flawlessly with Salling Clicker and iSync, so I would like to
get something a little more recent to replace it.

On the plus side, it was really cool to use the T616 for controlling
iTunes, Keynote et al. via its built-in nav buttons, but I had two
peeves with the thing, specifically how easy it was to screw things
up if you didn't lock the keys before putting it in your pockets and,
second, how flimsy the keys became with use (the 1 and 8 numkey
switches are too sensitive now). Therefore, I'd like to replace it
with a clamshell. if at all possible. I don't really need built-in
camera support (I seldom, if ever, used the Sony's due to the lame
image quality and high noise content).

Any recommendations much appreciated.

Chris Dupuis