[BTM] Adapter DBT-120 issue

Charles R. Strodtbeck russells at strodtbeck.org
Sun Dec 23 13:51:05 PST 2007

Joe

That was what I thought that it was for a computer to for Bluetooth
capability. Reading epson manual they show the use of a bluetooth
adapter inserted into the USB port. The adapter lights all function
indicating that the printer must be supplying  require power. Also the
Epson printer has a mode for setting a adapter configuration, for
example pairing, Adapter ID, PassKey code, etc.. The Mac sees the
adapter but the bluetooth preference shows it not connected. I have a
feeling it has something to do with the passkey configuration. I was
reading somewhere that both adapter and the Mac have to have the same
passkey.

I know that the Airport Express will work it just happens that I had
bought this and was not able to use. since Epson says that the R380 is
bluetooth compatible I thought I would give it a try.. I decided I
would see if anyone had any experience with this type of setup. I had
Mac's since 1986, but never got into the blue tooth area.

Appreciate you help.

Russell