Posting to list

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Dec 1 20:14:47 PST 2002

> From: Jake Stickelmeyer <jstickel at olypen.com>
>
> Thanks for the clarification re: what an iceBook is. And thanks for
> the info
> on alternatives to QuickTime player for opening gif files. I located
> Graphic
> Converter, didn't download it though, wanted to try before paying the
> 35$.

Go ahead and download it then. It is on the honour system, you can use
it as long as you like without paying for it, though I encourage you to
pay for it if you find that it meets your needs (and I think you will
find it's the best of it's class ... the next stop up is Photoshop
Elements ($99) or Photoshop itself ($600+).

> don't need to do anything super sophisticated with the gif files maybe
> some
> cropping or something before using them in PowerPoint slides.
>
> And I am not using OS X, still using the OS 9.0 this iMac came with.

Sounds like GraphicConverter is just what you're looking for.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**