[P1] Appleworks on iBook

Gerard Tripptree gtripptree at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 2 14:24:31 PST 2002

Check out Print Center Repair. I had the same problem; this fixed it.

http://www.fixamac.net/software/pcr/

Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 00:17:40 -0700
Subject: Re: [P1] Appleworks on iBook
From: David Crump <davecrump at mac.com>

 > I think this applies no matter what application you are using. I seem to
 > remember doing the same thing with Microsoft Word once, using large
 > .jpeg
 > images, and it took an age to print out. I don't know how big the buffer
 > size is in consumer model ink jet printers. There should be something
 > adjustable in all this I feel.

Thanks for the input.  However, it isn't that it takes forever to
print... it doesn't even spool.  Nothing happens.  The frustrating thing
is the graphics aren't even very large.  I ended up doing the project on
MS Word in the end with no problems, but I'd like to find out why it
wouldn't work with Appleworks.  It worked fine with Word 98 which was in
Classic, so maybe it's an OS X thing?  My Appleworks is in OS X.

David Crump